Not yet.  There is work underway in the (now external) twext module (twext.who) for a replacement directory service framework (it would obsolete twistedcaldav.directory).

  The new framework's IDirectoryService has non-blocking API.

  I don't have an ETA, but it's very actively being worked on.

    -wsv

January 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Greets all,

I have implemented two custom directory services by sub-classing
DirectoryService and implementing interface IDirectoryService. One
service interfaces with postgres, the other a JSON REST API, both handle
only "groups" and "users" principal types.

As it stands both these directory services return synchronous results,
is there a standard way for me to integrate a custom async directory
service with Darwin Calendar Server?

cheers,

-- rhodey ˙ ͜ʟ˙