On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:10:48PM -0700, Rob Stites wrote:
> I have used Eclipse with OcamlDE but I would like to use DDD as a
> interface with GDB debugging Ocaml code.  Is it even possible?  If so,
> can you share your experience?  Thanks.

You can certainly use gdb to debug native OCaml code -- I do it
frequently.  However gdb doesn't understand OCaml code, so you only
get mangled function names & assembler.

Coincidentally a few weeks ago a Red Hat-sponsored project was started
to add good C++ experience to gdb called Project Archer:

  http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ProjectArcher

We could do with something similar for OCaml ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat