Jon Harrop wrote:

> 184,574: FFTW (14,298 lines of OCaml)

For FFTW, Ocaml is used the generate C code. Nothing that the final
user of libfftw links to is written in Ocaml. I don't think this one
really counts.

> Some of the Haskell projects (e.g. pugs and srcinst) have even *decreased*
> in popularity over the past 7 months. Indeed, Darcs was only being used to a
> significant extent by the Haskell community and the GHC developers are now
> giving up on it themselves citing awful performance as one of the main
> reasons:
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DarcsEvaluation

Darcs with its theory of patches is also far more experimental and is pushing
back the boundaries of how people who write revision control software think
about the field.

Erik