On 4 déc. 08, at 17:06, Florian Hars wrote:

Alan Schmitt schrieb:
But I don't think this applies here, as the hashes I'm
looking at are the one used by Unison to identify file contents.

Then it is *especially* relevant, as it is quite trivial to generate
several files with  different content and the same MD5 hash, all you
need is a Playstation 3:
http://www.win.tue.nl/hashclash/Nostradamus/

Thanks for the link, but I wasn't considering a malicious attack: if someone were able to modify my files, I would not worry about Unison not detecting (thus not propagating) a malicious change.

Alan