Edgar Friendly wrote:

> 8) Other (please explain)

I can not yet "apt-get install" it.

The main systems where it batteries would be useful for me is on
production code for Ubuntu 6.06 (legacy) and 8.04. I do have a laptop
running 9.04 and will probably upgrade that to 9.10 in the near future.

If batteries is available for 9.10 and I like it enough I will probably
grab the 9.10 source package and backport it to 6.06 and 8.04 and then
push it into our personalised Ubuntu package repository.

The reliance Debian packages is do to our automation and QQ processes.
All software that ends up on our kiosk-like devices start up as source
code in subversion (not my first choice). We than have an autobuilder
that pulls stuff out of SVN, builds the packages and sticks it in our
own development repository. QA pulls built packages out of the devel
repository and if they pass QA , push them to our production repository
where they are pulled onto our kiosks (should be 1000 of these round
the world by about March next year) in an automatic upgrade procedure.

Erik