http://l.salemweb.net/holman0804m/devos/
____________________________

www.Crosswalk.com

August 25, 2004
UpWords
A Weekly Devotional from Max Lucado

Earthbound or Airborne?
By Max Lucado

Hans Babblinger of Ulm, Germany, wanted to fly. He wanted to break the
bond of gravity. He wanted to soar like a bird.

Problem: He lived in the sixteenth century. There were no planes, no
helicopters, no flying machines. He was a dreamer born too soon. What he
wanted was impossible.

Hans Babblinger, however, made a career out of helping people overcome
the impossible. He made artificial limbs. In his day amputation was a
common cure for disease and injury, so he kept busy. His task was to
help the handicapped overcome circumstance.

Babblinger longed to do the same for himself.

With time, he used his skills to construct a set of wings. The day soon
came to try them out and he tested his wings in the foothills of the
Bavarian Alps. Good choice. Lucky choice. Up currents are common in the
region. On a memorable day with friends watching and sun shining, he
jumped off an embankment and soared safely down.

His heart raced. His friends applauded. And God rejoiced.

How do I know God rejoiced? Because God always rejoices when we dare to
dream. In fact, we are much like God when we dream. The Master exults in
newness. He delights in stretching the old. He wrote the book on making
the impossible possible.

Examples? Check the Book.

Eighty-year-old shepherds don't usually play chicken with Pharaohs ...
but don't tell that to Moses.

Teenage shepherds don't normally have showdowns with giants ... but
don't tell that to David.

Night-shift shepherds don't usually get to hear angels sing and see God
in a stable ... but don't tell that to the Bethlehem bunch.

And for sure don't tell that to God. He's made an eternity out of making
the earthbound airborne.

>From And the Angels Were Silent
Copyright 1992 Max Lucado

For more great resources to help you grow in your relationship with God,
please visit Crosswalk Faith:
http://link.salemwebnetwork.com/UM/T.asp?A1.207.25744.2.1698058

View the full selection of devotionals available from Crosswalk.com
here:
http://link.salemwebnetwork.com/UM/T.asp?A1.207.25744.3.1698058

>>> Share the good news <<<
Please forward this message to a friend!

FREE Christian Book
http://l.salemweb.net/swnoffer0203/

from this newsletter immediately, simply click on the link below.
If this link is not clickable, simply cut and paste it into the
address bar of your browser.

http://www.salememail.com/unsub/207/1698058.aspx

* Copyright C 2004 Salem Web Network and its Content
  Providers. All rights reserved.

1698058

Online predators know that more kids are online in the summer
than at any other time of year. Research shows that 90% of
children between 8-16 have viewed pornography on the internet.
Not because they are looking for it but because porn is looking
for them. Don't be a victim. Porn-proof your home with Bsafe.com
http://l.salemweb.net/bsafe0604/

Questions or comments can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BCfwlB/TM