NameSecure Web Hosting only $7.92/mo with annual agreement

Includes 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, PHP, ASP, 24x7 Support

FREE FrontPage Extensions, FREE My SQL, FREE CGI Library,

and FREE Site Traffic Tools! Tons of Bandwidth, Storage

email and more! 500MB, 50GB transfer, 10 POP3 boxes

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96053-1

Top experts bring you hard-hitting, hands-on labs reviews.

IN THIS ISSUE:

* Philips Streamium MX6000i media hub
* Canon CanoScan 3000ex
* Secure IE 2004 Deluxe Suite
* Product Bulletin: Norton Ghost 9.0; PhotoStamps

For more stories, log on to
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96056-1

Makes You Want To Stream

The Philips Streamium MX6000i looks like any other home-
theater-in-a-box system, but Streamium goes far beyond other
media receivers. It's got all the trappings of a normal DVD-
player receiver, plus you can choose either a wired or
802.11g connection to stream Internet radio and play music
or videos from your PC. The five surround-sound speakers
look great, too. Check them out in our online slideshow and
read the review. (3.5 stars)

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96059-1

Scanner For Impulse Buyers

Don't be scared off by the $50 price tag--Canon's CanoScan
3000ex is a capable scanner that does all the basics without
emptying your wallet. The budget scanner features one-touch
buttons and interfaces for both advanced and beginning
users, as well as reasonable scanning speeds. Low prices
are good, right? If you still have doubts, <start link>read
our online review for all the details. (3 stars)

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96062-1

Safer Surfing

Sure, Internet Explorer has security settings built in, but
they're turned off by default--do you know how to find and
activate them? Didn't think so. Winferno Software's Secure
IE 2004 Deluxe Suite does that and much more, like blocking
annoying Flash elements and enhancing privacy settings. Our
analysts gave high marks to the software based on its ease
of use and installation, configurability, and effectiveness.
Read their review and find out more online. (4 stars)

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96065-1

Product Bulletin: Newly announced tech offerings

Here are just a few of the items you'll find in our current
Product Bulletin.

Norton Ghost 9.0

Norton's Ghost software lets users save drive image backups
in the background without leaving Windows, and can also save
future changes without redoing an entire backup. See our
online Product Bulletin for full details.

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96068-1

PhotoStamps

Stamps.com's PhotoStamps allows visitors to upload photos
and create their own U.S. postage stamps. Users can edit
and customize their stamps, which are available in various
sizes and denominations. See our Product Bulletin for more.

http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96071-1

For the full listing of Product Bulletins, go to:
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96074-1

The PCMag.com Bookstore

PC Magazine's Windows XP Solutions
Ever wish they'd consulted you before they designed Windows XP?
Sure, it's a great system, but there's this one feature that
makes you crazy. Or that annoying problem that keeps occurring.
Well, you can rely on Neil Randall and your friends at PC
Magazine to correct that oversight. Here's the complete compendium
of solutions to the things that bug you, threaten your security,
slow you down, or other-wise prevent Windows XP from running like
it should.
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96077-1

PC Magazine Guide to Home Networking
Ready to plunge into creating your own home network?  Reading
this book is like having PC Magazine contributing editor Les
Freed drop by and set the whole thing up for you.
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96080-1

More Books
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96083-1

Tech Jobs
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96086-1

Ziff Davis Channel Zone
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96089-1

DevSource
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96092-1

Free White Paper
Brought to you by Compuware Vantage

Best Practices for Service-Sensitive Cost Optimization:

While infrastructure optimization projects can enable
superior cost savings, they can also introduce significant
vulnerabilities and potential disruptions in the delivery
of service. This EMA white paper establishes a context for
creating best practices for non-disruptive, service-oriented
change management. It then presents a series of best
practices and examples of how to apply these practices to
WAN rightsizing, data center consolidation and Linux
re-hosting.

Download the White Paper Today!
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96095-1

Upcoming Events
8/26 The Evolution of Business Server Performance with AMD's
Opteron Processors
FREE eSeminar! Keeping your business and IT budget in step
with changing technology is no small task. You need to
explore other opportunities to energize your IT
infrastructure to meet your company's business needs. Attend
and learn from real-world examples how to optimize the
performance of your 32-bit applications while getting the
benefits of a 64-bit environment. Post event survey
participants will be entered for a chance to win an HP
Photosmart R707 digital camera! Register now.
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96098-1

Register Now for the Technology for Business Today Seminar
Series
Join Intel, PC Magazine and others for our free seminar
tour. We'll give you the information and tools you need to
take advantage of leading edge technologies and solutions
for your business to stay ahead of your competition and
drive business growth. During the 13-city tour, we'll have
two half-day sessions on Technology for Business Today --
one devoted to the enterprise, the other tailored for the
needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Click here for
more information and to register.
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96101-1

Elsewhere on Ziff Davis Internet
VOIP Project Slip-Up: A Worst-Case Study?
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96104-1

E-Mail Phone Ready to Fly
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96107-1

Remove a URL from History
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96110-1

Users Weigh In on Oracle's Patch Plan
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96113-1

PROTECTED]

To change your e-mail address, change your text/HTML
preferences, or to subscribe to other FREE PC Magazine Online
e-mail newsletters, visit:
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96116-1

If you'd like to advertise in our eNewsletters, visit:
http://eletters.pcmag.com/zd1/cts?d=81-1043-4-4-252229-96119-1

Copyright (c) 2004 Ziff Davis Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Ziff Davis Media Inc., 28 East 28th Street, New York, NY 10016

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BCfwlB/TM