Markaby is 'canon' so to speak, if it is a camping tutorial or something like
that. It's best supported as we all depend on it, and it's a great option for
beginners (and old hats like me) as it makes cross site scripting
vulnerabilities much less common. If twitter used markaby instead of erb I
doubt Judofyr's twitter worm would have worked.

—
Jenna Fox