Thanks for the reply David,

I thought about trying that also.

Right now this is just for home devel stuff so it doesn't need to be robust
or anything, I just develop on my laptop which is separate from the
webserver so I was hoping I could just upload stuff and the server reloads
without me having to actually be logged into it.

The restart.txt seems to be hit or miss which is why I didn't want to use
it.

Thanks