On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:22:52 +0200, Sebastjan Hribar
<sebastjan.hri...@gmail.com> wrote:

2. UTF-8 encoding doesn't work. Special characters like č, š, ž from my
language are not displayed. Should I force the encoding and how?

You need to do two things:

a) Ensure that the source text is, in fact, encoded in UTF-8. Your editor
should provide a way to change the encoding used, most sane ones use UTF-8 by
default nowadays, though.

b) Ensure that a '<meta charset="UTF-8" />' tag (or equivalent, there are many
variants, all of which work) is present on the HTML output of your application. Otherwise
browsers try to guess the encoding used and usually get it wrong.

Looking at the source code you linked, you have the following in the `layout`
method:

    html do
      title 'Aplikacija za dvojezične obrazce'
      body do
        self << yield
      end
    end

This should probably be:

    html do
      head do
        title 'Aplikacija za dvojezične obrazce'
      end
      body do
        self << yield
      end
    end

I *think* the latest mab adds the <meta> tag I mentioned automatically if you
call `head`, but I'm not entirely sure – just check :), and if it doesn't, add `meta
charset: 'UTF-8'` just after `head do` yourself.

--
Matma Rex