On Jan 24, 2007, at 7:14 AM, NeilW wrote:

> Jamis,
>
> Any particular reason why you don't just move from Subversion to SVK
> and use that
> as the default?

Because we use the checkout strategy, ourselves, which is why it is
the default favored by Capistrano currently. :) Having the deploy be
a real checkout has advantages, such as if the only change is a
wording change in a template, you just have to do svn up on each box
and Rails automatically picks it up, without any restarts being
necessary. I know not everyone likes that approach, however, and that
is one of the primary motivations for introducing the new deployment
strategies.

If you are volunteering to implement an SVK module for Capistrano,
I'd be happy to work with you to make that happen. ;) If you have any
interest in that, please let me know.

- Jamis