On Feb 18, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Keith Pitty wrote:

Hi,

Having just joined the group, I have a couple of questions regarding
documentation for Capistrano.

1.  I see there have been some posts this year about improving the
documentation for Capistrano.  What's the latest with these efforts?
Is there any way I can help?

A wiki page was started, and someone else posted a rough draft of deployment instructions to the list here. Other than that, not much has happened, sadly.

2.  Meanwhile the old Capistrano book (http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/
read/book/17) together with everything else on http:// manuals.rubyonrails.com
is unavailable (503).  Is there any way these manuals can be
resurrected?

This is another reason why I want the new documentation to be text- based, and stored in the repository, since keeping the docs in a DB puts us completely at the mercy of the server that is hosting the documentation. The problem at manuals.rubyonrails.com is most likely a temporary thing; perhaps Google has the pages cached in the meantime?

- Jamis