On Feb 26, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Phlip wrote:

Jamis Buck wrote:

Do you mean, which task should they go in? I'm afraid I can't really
help you there, without knowledge of your application. Why are you
hard-coding RAILS_ENV to development, for instance?

Sorry to mislead the newbies; the site is simply not in production
yet. Pay those no mind.

...What is the absolute
latest in the deployment cycle that the backgrounddrb stuff can
safely not be running?

Just before a user hits the site.

I'd spin it up in an after_symlink or after_restart, then. Or even after_deploy, if you don't mind a tiny window in which someone might hit the site before they're started.

- Jamis