I'm not sure, but I don't think sudo will work with a bash script as
an argument. You could try that from the command-line, directly, and
see if it works or not. You might need to either put that if
statement in a script, which you then invoke, or invoke the entire
thing via sh, directly. In other words, either this:

   sudo "script/make_dir #{src_home}"

Or this:

   sudo "sh -c 'blah blah blah'"

- Jamis