The following error appears when Capistrano attempts to use sudo with a
password on Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala":

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

This can be solved by setting the following variable:

default_run_options[:pty] = true

You can do this in your ~/.caprc file, /etc/capistrano.conf, ./Capfile, or
deploy.rb

http://weblog.jamisbuck.org/2007/10/14/capistrano-2-1

Thanks to Lee for pointing this out

- Mike