Great, Scott! You solved the problem. Now it works!

Thanks a lot,
Mateus

Scott Gorlin wrote:

I recently solved this problem. I believe the issue is that many programs read *img/*hdr files and assume analyze format instead of NIFTI, thus ignoring some of the hdr information. However, if you convert the images to *.nii, Caret works fine.

Attached is a matlab file I wrote (create_nii.m) to convert between the two. It requires Jimmy Shen's 'Tools for NIfTI (Analyze) MR Image' toolbox for Matlab available at http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=8797&objectType=file, or use any other scripts for the conversion.

-Scott Gorlin, graduate student
Mriganka Sur laboratory, MIT

Veronica S Smith wrote:

Hi Mateus,

I suspect that the problem is related to the difference in how each of the two programs read (or don't read) the header, however, I am not totally sure as I have not used SPM5 with Caret yet.

Typically the best way to get help on these types of issues is to join the caret users group:

    * subscribe by web -- caret-users info page; or
    * subscribe by email -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Since you have already taken the time to type up the problem, I am CCing [EMAIL PROTECTED] which will submit your question to get an answer from Donna, the senior analyst in the lab. She is very helpful!

Hope this helps,
Veronica