I thought that deploying my war locally would be a good baseline for testing.
When I do, /tomcat7/logs/catalina.2015-10-21.log gives me the error:

SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
["http-bio-8080"]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080

I have verified via lsof and netstat that indeed no ther service are running on
that port.

My tomcat/conf/server.xml configs are:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

 <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

And my cas.properties configs are:

server.name=https://localhost:8080
server.prefix=${server.name}/cas
hz.cluster.members=localhost

Is there something obvious that I'm missing here?  I cannot reach
https://localhost:8080/cas

If I remove my war I can reach https://localhost:8443 no problem.

I have tried messing with the ports, hostnames, etc. every way I can think of,
but maybe I'm missing something.  I am very new to this.