Also, see http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.1.x/planning/Upgrade-Guide.html

From: Carlos M. Fernández [mailto:cfern...@sju.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 1:21 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: RE: [cas-user] CAS v4.0.6 is released

Hi, Linda,

I’m in the process of upgrading from 3.5.2.1 to 4.0.6 and already have an
instance of the new version running and working in development. I’d
recommend starting with a new overlay and POM, configuring those features
that you need or want carried over from the currently deployed version. Most
of the configuration files (specially deployerConfigContext.xml) changed
considerably between the two versions, so it’s easier to restart from
scratch.

Custom themes do carry over without modification, though. I was able to copy
my custom view JSPs and properties without touching them.

Best regards,

--

Carlos M. Fernández

Enterprise Systems Manager