Hi All,

I am working on an application that runs on glassfish. There are some web
services exposed on this application. These are accessed using basic HTTP
authentication by external applications. Recently this app [that runs on
glassfish] was casified. This meant that the external applications cannot
access the application by providing the http basic auth as they used to do
earlier.  [They do not want to get CAS tokens and supply them while invoking
the services].

The requirement is to retain previous auth model for external applications
while having the CASification in place. We are using JSR-196 for the
CASification. I wanted to know if this is really possible. JEE only allows us
to have one active realm at any point in time. Is it possible to have a filter
layer before JASPIC which based on the user agent header will determine if the
request needs to be authenticated with http basic method? If so it will fire a
request to CAS and get the token and redirect to the service being inviked.

I can provide more details in case I was not able to explain the scenario
properly.

Regards
Prasad