I don't think that module supports the SAML2 protocol in CAS. If memory
serves me right, it only is functional for applications that go through
the CAS protocol and possibly SAML1.

--Misagh

From: Ian Wat [mailto:i...@bucknell.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 10:56 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: [cas-user] cas-mfa with Gmail

https://github.com/Unicon/cas-mfa

I am implementing cas-mfa with support for Duo Security. It works very
well for most applications except for our Google Apps for Education site.

Here are my observations:
- If I authenticate with MFA to Gmail on a new browser session, I get a
blank page
- All subsequent requests for Gmail succeed
- If I am a user that does not require MFA, then authenticating in a new
browser session succeeds

Observations using the web developer tool in Firefox:
No MFA required

- Google redirects to CAS with a SAMLRequest
- I enter credentials and POST to CAS
- CAS returns SAMLResponse and gets POSTed to Google at /acs

MFA is required
- After entering credentials, CAS goes back to login page with duo request
- I MFA authenticate and POST to CAS
- CAS issues a redirect to /acs on Google with the ticket id
- Google is expecting a POSTed SAMLResponse so displays a blank page

So, it seems like the SAMLResponse goes missing when the Duo Security
dialog is injected into the flow. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is
there a solution for avoiding the blank page?

--
You are currently subscribed to cas-user@lists.jasig.org
<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org>  as: mmoay...@unicon.net