Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Casper - the recommendations you received so far are all
good, the tutorials will help you a lot.  I think one of the things
you must bear in mind when working on an open source project like
this, is that you have to try to keep up to date - keep an eye on the
mailing list in particular and also look out for additions to the wiki
- so the printed copy is good to read now, but be aware that sometimes
things change!

Some logs exist for board configurations, so if you do run into
problems, let us know your serial number and any version numbers of
things you have changed.

If you are in Casper for the long term it would be good to start
planning to attend the next workshop where you can put faces to all
the email addresses, although that is probably only in about a year's
time from now.

Regards,
Francois

--

Francois Kapp

Sub-system Manager
Digital Back End
meerKAT

SKA South Africa
Third Floor
The Park
Park Road (off Alexandra Road)
Pinelands
7405
Western Cape
South Africa

Latitude: -33.9359 deg.; Longitude: 18.5102 deg.

(p) +27 (0)21 506 7300
(p) +27 (0)21 506 7360 (direct)
(f) +27 (0)21 506 7375
(m) +27 (0)82 787 8407