From: Jason Manley <jasonman...@gmail.com>
Date: 03 April 2010 03:34:54 SAST
To: "casper@lists.berkeley.edu CASPER" <casper@lists.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Important ROACH software update

There is a new KATCP server for ROACH available at
http://casper.berkeley.edu/svn/trunk/roach/sw/binaries/tcpborphserver/tcpborphserver2-2010-04-02-tgtap
 to support the use of 10GbE cores with longer names. This bug would have
reared its ugly head if you tried to start multiple instances of tgtap on
designs with long 10GbE core names. In this case, the names would have been
truncated, leading to possible overwriting of the first instance by the second
instance and thus an apparent inability to start more than one tgtap instance.

The new KATCP tap-start command is as follows:

?tap-start <tap-device> <register-name> <ip-address> [port [mac]]

This new <tap-device> string is the name of the tap device interface you wish
to create (which shows up on the roach board when you do ifconfig). It must be
8 characters or shorter, and is typically tap0, tap1, tap2 etc. or gbe0, gbe1,
gbe2, gbe3 etc.

As a result, corr-0.4.2's katcp_wrapper's tap_start function has also changed
and is not backwards compatible as it now requires that additional parameter.

tcpborphserver2-2010-04-02-tgtap and corr-0.4.2 are co-dependant (you need to
update both at the same time)

Note to new ROACH users (production batch 3): your SD-card filesystem is
shipping with
http://casper.berkeley.edu/svn/trunk/roach/sw/binaries/tcpborphserver/tcpborphserver2-2010-03-23-pid
 and will need to be manually updated.

Jason