Hello

> However, we are stuck in debugging the system: we think we are sending stuff
> properly, but we can not read anything from the python socket, coming from
> our roach 2 fpga.

Try running tcpdump on the receiving PC. If you are using tgtap logic,
you should see occasional arp traffic from the roach to work out where
to send its
data.

Some switches have UDP flood protection - if they see lots of UDP traffic,
especially broadcast UDP, they throttle it down. If tgtap is running and I
remember things correctly, data destined for machines which do not respond
to arp traffic will be broadcast. Alternatively if the destination MAC
is all zeros,
switches typically discard traffic instead of sending it on.

I believe you are one of the first people to use the GbE port, so please
let us know of your progress.

regards

marc