From: casper-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu [casper-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] on
behalf of Danny Price [danny.pr...@astro.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 3:39 AM
To: casper@lists.berkeley.edu list
Subject: Re: [casper] debugging communication with one_GbE from roach-2 's fpga

Hi Ionna, Jeff

In addition to John and Mark's suggestions, I'd recommend checking:
1) If you're using SELinux, disable it as it causes all sorts of grief.
2) Check the MTU on your ethernet port is set to be larger than your packet
size.
3) Make sure that you don't have a firewall up on that port.
4) Check if your Ethernet port is going down when the FPGA is reprogrammed (if
you've got a switch in between this shouldn't happen).

If you've already checked your socket with roach1 UDP code, then most of these
points are moot. Hopefully one stands out though...

Cheers
Danny