Hi all,
Should such software (simulink) features as subsystems and and gotos have any affect on the final circuit created when I build my bof file?

I am compiling models on Roach I that use almost all of the available Logic Slices (~97%). That the subsequent build should contain timing errors is not a surprise, but I recently noted a change in my timing errors that puzzled me.

I have assumed up till now that certain types of features in my model are superficial, and will not change how the bof file is built. I wanted to test this theory, and rebuilt my model after selecting part of my model and turning it into a subsystem. I was surprised to see that this new build had very different timing errors then the previous one (from 18 errors to just 3).

Is it the subsystem that caused this change, or is another one of my assumptions, that timing errors are deterministic and can be reproduced with subsequent builds of identical models, false?

thanks
Paul Marganian
NRAO, Green Bank