Hi Franco,

The sync inputs are usually used to synchronise multiple boards. If you
feed an lvttl signal into the sync input of the adc5g, it will emerge from
the sync output of the yellow block. Usually people drive this signal with
a pulse per second signal from a GPS, and use the resulting simulink signal
to synchronise their logic.

Trying to sync 2 ADCs perfectly is a bit tricky though. Unless the adc5g
interface has changed since I last used it (which is possible), every time
you reprogram your board, the latency of the ADC samples arriving to
simulink is liable to change and might not be the same for both ADC cards.
I *think* that the sync signal follows the ADC data through the interface's
FIFOs, which means you can compensate for some of this variable latency
using this sync. However, I don't think you'll be able to get the alignment
of ADC streams better than 16 ADC clocks (one FPGA clock).

Usually this isn't a problem - a correlator can usually fix these small
offsets in software after taking data, and they don't change once you start
running your system.
Personally, if you need perfect real-time alignment, I would consider
injecting some test signal into both adcs and correlating their digital
streams to measure their relative phase differences.

Perhaps someone else has a better / different answer. I know people have
worried about precision ADC synchronisation for other ADCs before, but I
don't know what solutions have been proposed or implemented in the past.

Cheers,
Jack