Hi all,

To close out this thread, a fix is to add a "mem=" option to uboot's
bootargs variable ---

1. Connect a PC to the ROACH2's "FTDI USB" port using a usb A->B cable.
2. Open a serial console on the roach 2 using
minicom/picocom/your-favourite-serial-console. The interface settings
are 115200,N,8.
If you're using a linux PC and don't have other things connected, the
device will be ttyUSB2.
3. Reboot your roach. You should see the reboot in your serial console.
When prompted, hit any key to halt the boot sequence.
4. Manually add a mem option to your bootargs with:
    setenv bootargs $bootargs mem=$mem
(This assumes you have a mem variable already set with the correct value.
Otherwise you could use mem=512M)
5. Save the new variable with:
    saveenv
6. Reboot your roach. If you log in to the PowerPC and run top or look in
/proc/meminfo you should now see the correct quantity of ram.

Cheers,
Jack