Hello Xavier,

Casperfpga is lacking a bit of documentation, but see Jason Manley's email
to the list from yesterday. It's got a bit of a primer, and it works
broadly similarly to Corr but with some added useful time-saving features.
It would be good to get around to writing a user manual for it at some
point...

Regards,
James

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Xavier Bosch <bruixa.aburrid...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jack,
> Yes, I only need it for communications, I do not need the corr_functions.
> I could not find documentation on casperfpga, so I end using the
> katcp_wrapper.py together with katcp==0.5.1, a version of what you
> suggested.
> For now it is working.
> Thank you,
> XB
>

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM Jack Hickish <jackhick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> Assuming you're only going to use the katcp stuff in Corr to talk to your
>> boards, you don't really need corr_functions at all.
>>
>> In fact you can edit the __init__.py file in Corr/ to remove a lot of the
>> superfluous imports if they are causing you trouble.
>> The real solution is that everyone should be using the casperfpga
>> package, not Corr, but I don't know if this is adequately documented on the
>> wiki (I still use corr myself, because it works and I don't like change).
>> Purging the tutorials and wiki of suggestions to install corr will be part
>> of the workshop prep work in the next couple of months.
>>
>> Jack
>>
>> PS. When you get the corr import working, you might find you get another
>> error(!) when you try to make a connection to a board. I think you'll find
>> you need to downgrade your katcp version (my local setup uses 0.5.4).
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017, 12:33 PM Xavier Bosch <bruixa.aburrid...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi everyone,
>>> I am new in this list and also new in the CASPER world. I am learning
>>> through the tutorials provided in https://github.com/casper-
>>> astro/tutorials_devel.git . I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 and I been able
>>> to compile and sensitize (generate the .bof file) up to tut3, included. Now
>>> I am trying to get data out of the ROACH2 using the Python file that comes
>>> with the tutorial and I am getting the following error:
>>>
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/corr/corr_functions.py",
>>> line 55, in <module>
>>>     import spead64_48 as spead
>>> ImportError: No module named spead64_48
>>>
>>> I have the following Python modules installed in my system:
>>> corr==0.7.3
>>> construct==2.8.12  -> I had to downgrade it to==2.5.3 because it was
>>> giving me trouble.
>>> katcp==0.6.1
>>> numpy==1.12.1