Great. Thanks.

Gerry

On 6/16/2017 2:13 PM, Ben Barsdell on CASPER mailing list wrote:
In vanilla xGPU this is not necessary. I believe it is needed in the dp4a branch though, and there it's done as a pre-processing step in GPU memory.

On 16 June 2017 at 12:48, Gerald Harp <gh...@seti.org <mailto:gh...@seti.org>> wrote:

    Hi David, or whomever

    We have found that to make best use of vector operations in the
    Xeon Phi machines that we have to de-interleave the complex data.
    That is a single long array of length 2N

    [re1, im1, re2, im2, ....,reN, imN]

    gets de-interleaved into two arrays

    [re1, re2, ....,reN]

    [im1, im2,..., imN]

    before the data are loaded into the vector registers.  Is this
    done in XGPU, or is it not necessary?

    If de-interleaving is done, then where is it done? In the GPU? Or
    in memory prior to GPU?

    Thanks

    Gerry

-- Gerald (Gerry) R. Harp, PhD
    Director, SETI Research / Senior Scientist
    SETI Institute
    189 Bernardo, Ste. 200
    Mountain View, CA 94043
    650-960-4576 <tel:650-960-4576>