Hi Colin,

It looks to me like your design is compiling fine (generating the .bit and
.bin files), but that there is a issue with the final script that turns the
.bin file into the .bof file that we load onto the hardware.

Under the model directory, there will be an XPS_ROACH_BASE (or
XPS_ROACH2_BASE) directory, that will have a "gen_prog_files.bat" script.
If you manually run that script (or the commands in that script)  via a
command window  (you really only need the mkbof.exe line: "mkbof.exe -o
implementation\system.bof -s core_info.tab -t 3 implementation\system.bin")
that should generate the .bof file that you need to upload.

There is probably a permanent fix for this, but I'm not sure 100% sure what
the cause is. - Is it recognizing windows as your OS when you first start
running the toolflow? It could be that it's trying to run the wrong command
for windows, or that the gen_prog_files.bat script needs an update to deal
with newer versions of windows.

Hope this helps,

Jonathon