Hello Anshu,

Looping back into the mailing list so this is a reference for anyone else
who encounters this.

In order to use the casperfpga package with a ROACH 1 you need the
following:

   - bof file on the ROACH's filesystem, in the /boffiles directory. Either
   this must be on an SD card if you've booted from the SD card, or it must be
   in the appropriate place on the NFS share if you've booted from network. If
   your bof file is in whatever your current directory is, it will still not
   work.
   - fpg file in the current directory, this must correspond to the bof
   file. They're generated together by the casper_xps tool.

Steps are as follows:

import casperfpga
fpga = casperfpga.katcp_fpga.KatcpFpga(roachname) # port and timeout
optional
fpga.system_info["program_filename"] = boffile
fpga.program()
fpga.get_system_information(fpgfile)

And Bob's your uncle. There you go. It's likely that your problem was the
bof file not being accessible to the ROACH.

Just a note, that if you try to program a ROACH and it fails, the tcpborph
server often falls over. You may need to reboot the ROACH. To test this:

ssh root@<roach_IP>
ps aux | grep tcpborphserver

Check if the output of that command has <defunct> anywhere in it. If so,
reboot your ROACH:
shutdown -r now

before trying to program it again.

Hope this helps,