Hi Jack,

Thanks for weighing in.  Actually your answer doesn’t read as the same one that
Mitch gave. Further clarification:

> On Nov 30, 2022, at 3:08 PM, Jack Hickish <jackhick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I think that's probably right. There are old standards which probably
> allow you to passively convert a single 10x10G connector which was designed
> for 100G into 10 individual SFP-based 10G links, but life is likely easier if
> you just throw everything in a switch and let it handle the line rate
> differences between the more common 100GbE and 10GbE standards.

The 100-10 doesn’t have to be purely passive, a switch which converts 100 G
QSFP28 to 10 GigE SFP+, if a current and supported product would be fine.

> I would think your best bet is to get a fully QSFP28 switch which supports
> both 100GbE and 4x10GbE on its ports, the latter requiring MTP->4xLC fiber
> breakouts to connect to 10G SFP interfaces.
> I would imagine (though no claims that my imagination aligns with reality)
> that any switch with QSFP28 ports which advertise 4x25G breakout mode will
> also support 4x10G. The former might be more obviously advertised.

So after a bit of googling I find that 25 GigE uses the SFP28 connector, which
is pin and electrically compatible (though faster) than SFP+. So I suspect
you’re correct here.  This could be the solution we seek….

Jonathan