2010/2/1 Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com>:
> My list of things I need for predicate queries across column and
> supercolumn names:
>
> - bitmask (OR AND1 AND2 AND3 ...).  This would make my life easier and
>  take load off our Cassandra servers.  Currently I have to scan the
>  result sets on the client side to find the things I need.

here's the thing, though, and this is a main reason why cassandra
keeps things simple: doing work on the client typically results in
*less* load on the server.

> FWIW I'd like an entirely text-based query language like SQL

I think this is a non-starter.  It's pretty clear that the way forward
is towards more programmatic apis, not clients translating their
requests to strings which the server then parses.

-Jonathan