Thanks for posting your results; it is an interesting read and we are
pleased to beat HBase in most workloads. :)

Since you originally benchmarked 0.4.2, you might be interested in the
speed gains in 0.5.  A couple graphs here:
http://spyced.blogspot.com/2010/01/cassandra-05.html

0.6 (beta in a few weeks?) is looking even better. :)

-Jonathan