In one application, I associate user accounts with computers based on
usage of the computer. I have to both access the computers from the
accounts and vice versa in many places in my code. Therefore I took
the way to make it bidirectional using Add/Remove-Methods to assure
that the association is really valid from both sides.
In the same application, I have installation data mapped to computers.
It turns out that the computers are almost never asked for the
installations (there are separate software-computer and
software-installation associations) so this is a unidirectional
association from installation to computer. Because it is a many-to-one
association, I could omit any special code and simply left it as a
public property.

-Markus