Here's some hints:

Use the ExtJs forums - they're full of people who really try to help.

use controller methods to return JSON in the format ExtJs understands.

Look into the new remoting features - I haven't had a chance yet but it does
look very very cool. except for the tight coupling to ExtJs

If you're using the view port you'll find you pretty much only use actions
to return json to a single view housing the viewport - the whole view engine
goes out the window pretty much.

When you output JSON you'll probably need to do a little bit fo work to push
it in the right format:

<code>
RenderText("{\"total\": \"" + nodes.Count + "\", \"results\":" +
                               new
NewtonsoftJSONSerializer().Serialize(nodes) +
                               "}");
<./code>

the total and results properties are needed by Ext to do things like paging.

It's pretty much par for the course though - two really good frameworks and
they fit together like a dream.

w://

--
Cheers,