Here is my model setup:
I have two entities, "List" and "ListItem". The "List" class is the
parent with the property "public virtual List listParent {get;set;}"
to create the hierarchy. The "ListItem" class is the child or
children, containing items for the list.

The problem is when I do a Find() on an item from the "ListItem"
class, it pulls everything from above. The "List", the parent, gets
joined which is okay, but then it pulls the grand parent list, and so
on. How do I prevent or stop NHibernate/Activerecord from parsing up
the tree (not needed, hurting performance)?

I tried using "Lazy" in my "List" class:
[ActiveRecord(Table = "Lists")]
public class List : ActiveRecordBase<List> {
    [BelongsTo("listParentId", Lazy = FetchWhen.OnInvoke)]
    public virtual List listParent {get;set;}
}

And, I tried using "Lazy" in my "ListItem" class:
[ActiveRecord(Table = "ListItems")]
public class ListItem : ActiveRecordBase<ListItem> {
    [BelongsTo("itemListId", Lazy = FetchWhen.OnInvoke)]
    public virtual List itemList {get;set;}
}

Please help?

Specs: