ProcessRequest is not only about instantiating the controller.you have
filters than needs to run before and after the actions
you have ViewEngineManager in the mix
you need to invoke Rescues if relevant
etc.
etc.
etc.

however there is MonorailHttpHandler and the BaseHttpHandler, that do all
that.
you'd need to have the IRouteHandler return Monorail's http handler

but that is for the url => action mapping.
there's also the other side:  action => url creation.
that is, using the api, to supply it with a lambda of a controller action,
that will generate the URL to there (I do not use it personally)

--
Ken Egozi.
http://www.kenegozi.com/blog