you can also use plain ol' show_sql, and in your web app you'd
use Console.SetOut to re-route the default Console.Out stream to whereever
you like (filesystem, db, trace, whatever)

I started to answer here, but it grew too large, so I made it into a blog
post:

http://www.kenegozi.com/blog/2010/01/05/nhibernate-and-activerecordrsquos-showsql-in-web-application.aspx

http://www.kenegozi.com/blog
http://www.delver.com