Hi

ASPX is for the ASPX view engine.

Monorails provides its own view engine. You need to forget about aspx.

Writing apps in monorails is very rewarding but you should arm yourself with
some understanding of what it is you're trying to do, and the tools you're
trying to do it with.

Monorails requires you to write the HTML code by hand. This is the way any
developer worth his/her day rate will do the job.

It does not use the ASPX view engine. Instead it uses the (i've used
nVelocity but it supports many) - the view engine is the part that processes
the view files and renders the stuff you put in them.

http://www.castleproject.org/monorail/documentation/v20/viewengines/nvelocity/index.html

Before you start on all this it would be an investment of your time to spend
a short while reading the docs that people have spent an awful lot of time
preparing for you:

http://www.castleproject.org/monorail/gettingstarted/index.html

once you've read that lot, download the _latest_ bits and look at the
samples

http://www.castleproject.org/castle/download.html

But mostly, try to understand what it is you're working with.

hth

w://

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Mauricio Scheffer <
mauricioschef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vijay, I recommend this screencast to get started with Monorail:
> http://castlecasts.com/Episodes/1/Show/getting-started-with-monorail
>
> --
> Mauricio
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Vijey Raghavan <raghavan2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hai ,
>>
>>      i am vijay mailing u from india .I have a serious problem with mono
>> rail and unable to start.
>>
>>      i am new to monorail and want to do a small project in it.
>>      I installed monorail,vs 2005 and others
>>
>>     i saw a small project in : code project  : please do check the below
>> link
>>
>>     http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Monorail.aspx
>>    in the above link i found a .aspx file which is used for designing user
>> interface
>>   but when i create  a project i did not get the .aspx
>>
>>  i am getting the wizzard as shown in the monorail project getting started
>> page
>>  but unable to proced after it
>>
>>  i do saw some screencast but little confusing and unable to proceed
>>
>> can anyone help me in starting it out .
>>

>> Regards,
>> VijayaRaghavan
>>
>> --