Hi all,
I've got a DynamicProxy problem, but first the background of the problem is:
While we love Service Buses (SB) for passing messages around, for some
applications it's desirable to have RPC-like functionality. Effectively
achieving something close to WCF-like RPC but with the flexibility of a
service bus.
We prefer the idea of using proxies to add RPC functionality to a service
bus, rather than using an RPC framework (like WCF) as a service bus. We'd
also put in other constraints like only allowing RPC async methods etc.
What we envisaged was to use target-less proxies (InterfaceNoTarget), send
the IInvocation as part of a message via the service bus, and then invoke
the target method.

Now for the questions:
I've been having problems serializing IInvocation instances intercepted by
DynamicProxy. Tracing through the code, when I try to serialize the
IInvocation the AbstractInvocation GetObjectData method is called which
creates an instance of RemoteInvocation. When RemoteInvocation is
serialized it then also creates another instance of itself, causing an
infinite loop. If let run it eventually breaks with a memory overflow
exception.
Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here with DynamicProxy, or does
our original application not make sense.

Looking forward to responses.
Cheers,
Rob