We are having an issue when we use Castor with IPlanet app server.
When we call the castor api to convert the java objects to xml it failed
to find the java classes for the value objects we are trying to convert
to xml and following is the stack trace. I believe it has something to
do with the classloaders. The only work around which has worked for us
has been to put $IAS_HOME/APPS/myapp/myEJB (myapp is the name of our
application and this is directory where ejb jar classes are expanded )
in IPlanet classpath, which has some other issues for us. I would really
like to figure out why castor cannot find the classes. Can anybody
explain how to fix this issue ?
org.exolab.castor.mapping.MappingException: Could not find the class
com.acme.business.order.OrderGroup
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at
org.exolab.castor.mapping.MappingException.<init>(MappingException.java:
79)
at
org.exolab.castor.mapping.loader.MappingLoader.createDescriptor(Compiled
Code)
at org.exolab.castor.xml.XMLMappingLoader.createDescriptor(Compiled
Code)
at org.exolab.castor.mapping.loader.MappingLoader.loadMapping(Compiled
Code)
at org.exolab.castor.mapping.Mapping.getResolver(Mapping.java:278)
at org.exolab.castor.mapping.Mapping.getResolver(Mapping.java:234)
at org.exolab.castor.xml.Marshaller.setMapping(Marshaller.java:323)
at
com.acme.dao.messaging.XMLDAOHelper.buildDocument(XMLDAOHelper.java:223)
at com.acme.dao.messaging.SystemDAO.checkCompliance(Compiled Code)
at com.acme.business.order.ejb.OrderManagerImpl.checkCompliance(Compiled
Code)
at
com.acme.business.order.ejb.ejb_skel_com_acme_business_order_ejb_OrderMa
nagerEJB.checkCompliance(ejb_skel_com_acme_business_order_ejb_OrderManag
erEJB.java:684)
at
com.acme.business.order.ejb.ejb_kcp_skel_OrderManager.checkCompliance__s
eq_com_acme_business_order_OrderGr__197630706(ejb_kcp_skel_OrderManager.
java:691)

Navjeet S. Chabbewal
Dimension Data
Phone: 703-262-3364