* Garrett Goebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-09-29 14:16]:
> I had thought about the HTTP/1.1 methods. However, I was only
> concerned with the request methods used for creating RESTful
> protocols.

That is an oxymoron. Please don’t take this in offense, but you
don’t seem to have understood what REST is about. :-)

The point of REST is that you (conceptually) manipulate resources
instead of calling methods on remote objects. Resources are
identified by URIs, which are equivalent to nouns. The
manipulation is identified by the method, which is equivalent to
the verb. The point is that resources are declarative; methods
are imperative. Declarative systems are easy to scale and reason
about. Anyway, getting into the whole subject would take us way
too far afield here. The essence is that being able to use new
verbs when you really do need a new way of manipulating arbitrary
resources is a central notion in REST.

(Ack. I don’t know how to satisfactorily summarise the subject in
short. Which just means, of course, that as much understanding as
I may have, it is haphazard and incoherent. Need more study…)

Regards,