Pedro Melo wrote:
[...]
That's what I do with two minor adjustements:

* I started using load_namespaces to control each source resultset class also;
 * I don't put my model inside the catalyst application.

It seems to me that if I want to use the business logic in an external application (cronjob) then I am having to use the MyApp::Model::DBIC::Demo namespace as decreed by Catalyst (not that this is a big issue).

se 2) above. Most of the time I have Demo::Controller, Demo::Model, Demo::View, and my schema is Demo::Schema.

So I can use Demo::Schema in all my crons.
(I assume you mean MyApp::Controller, MyApp::Model etc?)

So, if I read the documentation correctly, I would then have my resultsets in MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Demo and my results in MyApp::Schema::Result::Demo?

I don't see how this helps me with the namespace in Catalyst, if I use $c->model('DBIC::Demo') won't it still come back with the namespace MyApp::Model::DBIC::Demo?

Can you show an example of your call to load_namespaces?

See the SYNOPSIS of http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema on how to do it.

Best regards,

Regards
Ian