Hi,

We are currently building an application using Catalyst framework and have a lot of encoding problem. Since we use a lot on french characters (like é-è-ê-à-ç), we need to take care of the encoding of Perl module and TT templates.

We have a running setup with Perl module in ISO-8859-1 (latin1) and templates in UTF-8. That strange match works great under Apache using mod_perl. All french characters are parse correctly even if they are from templates, Perl code or MySQL db.

If we run the app. under Catalyst dev. server, everything goes wrongs. We have a lot of "gremlins" instead of correct char. We are unable to figure out what should be done to have correct output in all case.

Our setup :

  Apache charset : ISO-8859-1
  In TT's view :     ENCODING     => 'ISO-8859-1'
  All Perl and TT file save in : ISO-8859-1

Are we on the good way?

Dominic Germain
Administrateur réseau / Network administrator
Sogetel
www.sogetel.net

[EMAIL PROTECTED]