On 07/21/2014 12:57 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
Hey all,

on most of my website running on (latest catalyst: 5.90065) i always get
utf8 related errors.

Hello,

I have no answer to your question, I just want to add something related. Several days ago I created application with Catalyst, TT, FormFu and PostgreSQL. Immediately after I put [% form %] into my template file, encoding was broken. I spent several hours trying to fix it. Also, there is Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode which seems to be deprecated, Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding. Maybe it is just because I'm relatively new to Catalyst and other stuff, but I think it is confusing.

It was necessary to 'use utf8', add 'ENCODING UTF-8' both for Controller::HTML::FormFu and View::HTML into config file and set pg_enable_utf8 => 1 for DBIC. Maybe it is possible to change Catalyst in order to read/write encoding information only once and use it for whole site/templates/forms/etc?

Karol