On Apr 20, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

I notice that the modeler is unable to create a constraint across a
schema, even when the two schemas are in the same database.   Is this
to be expected?

Yes. I don't think the RDBMS supports that (as the error below suggests).

If so, should the modeler stop generating these kinds
of statements?

[SQL: ALTER TABLE ENG_WORK_MGMT.ENG_WORK ADD FOREIGN KEY (ENG_WORK_ID)
REFERENCES CORE_WORK_MGMT.STATUSABLE_WORK (ID)] - ORA-00942: table or
view does not exist

Yeah, it should. There is currently a filter somewhere (DbGenerator??) that prevents FKs to be generated across DataNodes. Probably need to extend that to also check for different schemas in the same DataMap.

Andrus