Actually clients written in other languages is one area that has a huge potential. And this is something I'd really like to explore.

Current transport layer (Hessian) has support in many other languages, also a standard WS interface is being developed as a Summer of Code project. All this works already. Still what's lacking is an implementation of a client context in anything but Java. This is the biggest challenge.

So if there is an interest in the community to write clients in .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, (or maybe JavaScript/AJAX???), etc., let's do it. A full implementation would have to mirror "cayenne-client- nodeps.jar", but it can start small, by providing only query API, and then grow to support relationships and updates.

Thoughts? Comments? Volunteers? ;-)

Andrus