Currently the news are entered in the main space (CAY). We can incorporate this on the front page via different means such as

* A custom Confluence template (not sure if it has enough flexibility for a sophisticated branded look)
* A script that grabs news via RSS and builds the static page from that.

Like I said, I think the main issue is having a dedicated 'editor' role. Currently I post news when a new release goes out. But it would be nice if somebody who follows both lists and knows what happens in Cayenne could log in to Confluence every once in a while and post a short recap of the important events.

Say "cayenne 3.0 just added a callback mechanism that allows to easily plug in business logic to the persistent object lifecycle, bla, bla...". Essentially the things people normally blog about.

Borut has a nice blog (I speak two slavic languages and more or less understand two more, so I can even pretend to understand a bit of Slovenian :-)), maybe he can take on this task? ;-)

Andrus