2006/11/28, Malcolm Edgar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
My 2 bits worth..

I find the single table model works better than modeling class
inheritance through multiple tables. The reason being you have less
referential integrity constraints to worry about when  using a single
table

Still, if you have e.g. people, devices, rooms and buildings and you
want to schedule their use, you might construct a GenericResource
table with a couple of it's own attributes and consider everything
else a specialization of the GenericResource.
What I mean to say is that obviously there are cases where separate
tables are the only sensible conclusion. I'm keen to know: does
cayenne handle that scenario?

Cheers,
t.n.a.